Friday 18 September 2009

Cyclamen





To answer my friend's question to why I called my blog cyclamen.
Cyclamen is maybe the second flower I loved. It meant picnics under olive trees in Lebanon and us children (at that time) picking cyclamen flowers that grew wild and smelt so good.
It does not seem to be a very popular flower used in ikebana. I have used it for my arrangement during the Ikebana International world convention in 2006 and also as in the picture of my blog.
During the world convention, I had no time to take a picture myself as I was very busy.
Then I used white cyclamen that looked like butterflies to me.
Here are pictures of my other arrangement during the autumn festival celebrating the 10th anniversary of Morinosato citizen's hall, last autumn 2008.
The container is a small rectangular flat container.

On the right side is a stone with moss on it.
Material: Pine, Japanese Pieris, Sasa bamboo, cyclamen flowers and leaves, moss.

I just love these delicate flowers as well as the heart shaped leaves.
Nowadays there are many bigger varieties, but I always like the small one with the soft fragrance.

One of the larger potted plants with one very interesting 2 toned flower.










Cyclamen planted under bamboo

No comments:

Post a Comment